To promote healthy healing after a tooth extraction there are a number of things you need to do.
- Take the prescribed pain medication as instructed
- Avoid chewing or taking hot beverages when still numb to avoid hurting yourself
- If you are bleeding bite on a gauze pad until it clots
- Rinse your mouth with warm salty water several times a day after 24 hours
- Avoid rubbing the area with your tongue or swishing liquid in the mouth
- Don’t smoke for at least 24 hours
Following these instructions to the letter will guarantee that you get the best results from our treatment. Call us if you feel the discomfort is not going away or if you have any question.